Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I think it was the black and white cookie

This is a post that I never planned on writing, but things happen. If you're not into reading about throw up streaks, please don't continue.

(from The Dinner Party
JERRY: I feel like I'm going to throw up.

ELAINE: Hey, what about your vomit streak?

JERRY: I know, I haven't thrown up since June 29th, 1980. . . Fourteen years down the drain.

Now, I don't recall the last time that I threw up, which means it has been a long time (Right now, my best guess would be over 3300 days ago). The streak is not as long as Jerry's was, but I consider it impressive nonetheless.

Using my current estimate for the last time it happened, I have surpassed the Ironman himself by near 700 days. Cal Ripken played for 2632 straight games, but he got to take 200 days off per year. My stomach can't take days off. It has to go to work all the time.

Ironically, I mentioned my vomit streak in a conversation with a friend (it would be weird if it came up in coversation with a stranger) a few days ago. But I don't consider that a jinx because when the subject of vomit streaks arises, I don't hesitate to discuss my feat (I can get witnesses if you want).

So we start anew with the infamous day of July 25, 2006 (Should I add a "days since I last threw up" counter on the side of my blog? Probably not).

Oh yeah, I am feeling fine, no need to worry (I volunteered yesterday afternoon, worked at night [I took the morning off to allow my digestive system to reset] and went out after that). It must've been something that I ate (I can think of about five possible culprits that I ate in the 24 hours leading up to the moment that might have caused it).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your body is a temple; you have to allow only high priests to enter.
You just can't let any masses of riff-raff push you to the food coma state.