Sunday, January 25, 2009

A picture will tell a thousand words

But more importantly, it takes less time to put on the website than writing a thousand words. Because we have had an action-packed few days since the Inauguation, I haven't really had too much time to craft any blog posts. There are plenty of great stories and fun facts from our last few days. I will post them on the site when I get some more time on my hands. In the meantime, here are a few pictures and helpful captions that will explain where we have been and what we have done.

These images just scratch the surface of what we have been up to. I will go into further detail soon.




Our first stop after celebrating the inauguration of our country's first African American president was the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond, Va.



Phillip Morris Headquarters outside of Richmond. We didn't go in. This is as close as the tobacco companies can come to roadside billboards these days.



Dean Smith Center in Chapel Hill, N.C. for the UNC-Clemson game. I don't really like UNC because they beat Michigan in the 1993 NCAA Championship game, but I definitely respect their tradition and the size of the Dean Dome. I just wish that I rooted for such a showtime college basketball program.




Onion rings at the Varsity in Atlanta. Marshall says they are the best onion rings he has ever had. I concur.




Tuskegee Airmen Museum in Tuskegee, Alabama. This is where they went through basic flight training. The museum is normally closed during the week, but because one of the Airmen's flight instructors was visiting, they let us join his tour. 




Old Hickory in Jackson Square in New Orleans.



Ian + Bourbon Street = Bad news for everyone involved

1 comment:

Dayna said...

Ian ~ hope you dont mind Warren gave me your blog! Love that you get to travel and see all of these places! I'm jealous you got to see the air museum. My grandfather flew Corsairs in Korea and WWII.

Very cool stuff.
Dayna