Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A Klump moment

Normally, I like to blog in chronological order.

 This is an extraordinary event and requires immediately blogging.

Avery and I were at a manatee rescue center this afternoon when we noticed an obvious North American tourist.

 Tourist: Where are you guys from?
Avery: Detroit. Where are you from?
Tourist: Chicago.
Ian (with Klump intonation): Oh, Chicago. We have family there.

 I look over at Avery after dropping this line, and he is cracking up. I forget what she said next. One thing that is obvious is that she is not a huge The Nutty Professor fan. At the very least, she probably didn't DVR twice on her cable box so she could fast forward to the dinner table scenes.

2 comments:

DeDe said...

or "I can get you home from Chicago"

Rubes said...

Nice shout out. "Thank you very much. I'm fattered. Ahem. I'm flattered"