Sunday, January 14, 2007

And we're back

After a few months hiatus, I have decided to revive the blog in preparation for my trip to Alaska next weekend. I don't have much time blog now, but I wanted to give my loyal readers the heads up.

For those that are unaware (maybe becuase all you know about me you read on this blog), I will be traveling to Alaska on Thursday to cover the Michigan hockey team's game against the University of Alaska.

Now, I would be lying to you if I told you that this was strictly a business trip. How many times do you have a good reason to go to Alaska?

So there are a few things that I plan doing in my time near the Artic Circle.

  • Sticking a cup of water outside and seeing how long it takes to freeze
  • Aurora Borealis (At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?)
  • Visiting the lone synagogue in Fairbanks, Or HaZafon, the northern-most congregation in the world
  • Mushing
  • Eating lots of salmon

If you read my blog over the summer, you know how proud I am of my sandal tan, and you might've thought that I would maintain this blog if only to provide updates on the status of the sandal tan. Well, I have fallen behind in the tan progress reports.

However, I will do a before and after series on the tan. It is now the middle of January and my foot has been shielded from the sun's rays for a few months by now, but you would never think that by looking at my tan. The only question is how the Northern Lights enhance Chaco tan. We'll have to find out.

No comments: