Monday, October 19, 2009

That was direct

So I just came from a community meeting. We are working on starting another community bank.

On my way out of the meeting, we´ll pick up the dialogue.

Little girl: Good evening

Ian: Good evening. How are you?

Little girl: Good. You are ugly.

Ian: Come again.

Little girl: You are ugly.

Ian: Why?

Little girl: You have a lot of hair.

Well, I guess that settles it.

I will be ugly until I can find a reliable barber down here. And judging by the other volunteer who lives nearby´s recent haircut experience, I will be ugly for a little while longer.

I will give her some credit for her manners, though. She did address me in the ´´usted´´ form, instead of the informal ´tu.´

2 comments:

Rubes said...

Grizzly Adams,

I was really expecting a "your face" retort. You're too kind for a gringo.

Avery said...

¿Podemos mirar un foto de su "shayna punum?"