Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Has my dad met his match?

If you know my dad, you know how he can give a great, impromptu heart-felt speech to put the proper perspective on any occasion.

If you know Cesareo, you know how he can give a great, impromptu heart-felt speech to put the proper perspective on any occasion.

On Friday night, these two giants of on-the-spot oration squared off in what could only be described as an epic duel. Consider it Freestyle Friday at the Shabbat dinner table.

As soon as I finished recited motzi (the blessing over the bread), Ceseareo asked for the floor and delivered this speech about special it is to spend Shabbat with me and my family and how it is something new for him. It brought the house down. If you have ever seen the AND1 Mix Tape tour, this would be the equivalent of the crossover that causes the crowd to rush the floor and end the game.



Not to pass up the opportunity, my dad asked for the floor and talked about how great it is to spend Shabbat dinner with me and my friends. The crowd had already rush the court on the previous speech, so I guess they would have just stayed there and celebrated for a while after this one, relishing the special moment that these two giants of off-the-cuff inspirational commentaries just put in perspective.



Since we didn't have an actual floor to rush, we just decided to continue eating the massive quantities of food we prepared.

They went back and forth once more during the meal, but my food coma was too advanced at that point for me to get up and film anything.

A big thanks to my roommates did a great job of translating and making sure that everyone understood.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Is there an international speaking tour in the works?

Anonymous said...

I realize how much I have missed your blog and these are extra special. Thanks so much for giving us a peek...love you Yoni!

lindaj1 said...

Great posts. Great videos. Thanks for Sharing.