Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Shabbat dinner with my parents

Friday night we had a very special Shabbat dinner in Quito.

As many of you know, Shabbat dinner is my favorite time of the week. The work week is over, and you can gather with friends and family to enjoy great food and conversation, which is exactly what happened last Friday.



This is the speech I give every Friday night when there is a new guest at the Shabbat dinner table to explain the significance of the occasion. This week's guest was Mike's host dad from the jungle, Cesareo. I was really happy to be able to share a Shabbat dinner with Cesareo.



A rough translation of this speech is that Friday night is dinner has been very special for me my entire life. I have continued this tradition in Ecuador. Welcome. I'm going to say some blessings in Hebrew over the candles, wine, and bread. Then, we'll eat.



After dinner, there is typically a folk concert in the living room.

Stay tuned for videos of dueling speeches between my dad and Cesaero.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I love it! I love it!

Anonymous said...

!Me encanta! !Me encanta! !Me encanta!