Saturday, August 05, 2006

I've been stomping in my Z1s

After almost three months of wearing my Chaco sandals every day, I think that it is about time to reveal to the blog community the development of my sandal tan (a photo was leaked via e-mail earlier this week). Throughout the summer, I have periodically taken pictures of my feet to track its progress. Instead of the traditional "Ian wriiting a blog entry with words," I have decided to go with the "a picture is worth a thousand words theory" for this post.

A few points before the pictures:

Almost everybody that has seen my sandel tan has marveled at its beauty and overall sweetness, except for the people that I spend the most time with (Ari and Peter are very anti-Ian's sandal tan [and Ari also opposed the blister that developed on my big toe for the first half of the summer before it healed])

If I was asked what body part am I most proud of, the answer, without more than a second's hesitation, would be my sandal tan (Call my superficial if you want).

In previous summers, I would try to mix a multi-level sock tan with the Chaco tan (I play a lot of golf at home) but there is something about the simplicity of the "Z" that makes this year's version that special (I am not allowed to wear sandals at the ballpark, so my tan has also been hampered by that in year's past).

Someday, I plan to write a song called Z1's to parody my favorite hip hop song of all time (You couldn't get this tan pattern if you had a personal genie).

I hope that this is what Michigan punter Zoltan Mesko's foot looks like.

Each of these photos was taken after I took a shower or woke up in the morning because I believe that the tan you exhibit when you return from being outside does not present an accurate pigment.

I have refused the urge to use pigment-enhancing substances (take that Alex Sanchez, Floyd Landis, Justin Gatlin, Tim Montgomery, Matt Lawton, Rafael Palmeiro, Bryan Berard and many more).





















3 comments:

Jordan said...

I think "wow" is about all there is to say.

Rubes said...

i didn't know that i am related to al jolson

Anonymous said...

i thought my reef tan was pretty good. but your "z" beats it all:)