Friday, May 19, 2006

Shabbat Shalom

Shabbat Shalom from this blog to yours.

Before I welcome the Sabbath Bride, I would like to boast about my market endeavours this afternoon. I went to the Shuk when all of the vendors lowered their prices to get rid of things before Shabbat. I think I did a pretty good job. I spent 68 shekels on the following items.

30 Rugelah
1/2 watermelon
1 crate mish-mish
1 crate strawberries
3/4 kilo of cucumbers
1 bag of carrots
1 eggplant dip
1 pepper dip
30 pitas


I consider it a successful day when you pay the equivalent of 70 cents for half a watermelon and you still feel like you paid too much.
Right now, the only problem is that I don't have cutting board to cut the watermelon on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I submit to you, the blooger, that you dont cut the watermelon. seriously, its unnecessary. All you need is a fork. Or maybe go back to the shuk and buy a soldiers knife. nice marzipan box. Shabbat Shalom, or Shavua tov by the time you get to it?